Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Painting


A new painting hot off the easel!  It's a 9 x 12 and is called "Into the Light".  It will be going to the Settlers West American Art in Miniature exhibition in Tucson February 13.  I keep huge files of photos I take and I have 26 years worth!  This photo I took in Montana over 20 years ago.  When I needed a second painting for the show I went into my old files and found the photos I worked from for this.  I LOVED the light and textures of the rocks and old logs.  Both are pretty much hallmarks of my work.  I would love to hear what everyone thinks!

2 comments:

  1. I love it Jan. I have a particular fondness for Bobcats, as we have one that occasionally visits our backyard, and I watch him from inside our pool enclosure. I'm glad that my mom and dad have a heavy screen around our pool, because I think the bobcat might otherwise consider having me for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice , I like how the cat is framed and you have captured the cats atitude.

    ReplyDelete