Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More work on Cougar painting

I got the tree done yesterday on the cougar painting.  Had a little more trouble than I expected getting it to "stand out" against the background.  But a combination of using cool (blueish) washes to contrast against the warm colors of the background and bringing up the values (blacks blacker and whites whiter) did the trick.  I also added some more branches than were in the original drawing.  This happens many times in a painting, that once I get working on it it will "speak" to me about things that it needs.  This is one of the main reasons I work in acrylic - it is easy to make changes along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment